This past weekend, our amazing Women’s Council put on a one-day “Mini-Retreat” for the ladies in our Community. We had a fantastic time of teaching from our Women’s Pastor, Jennifer Richmond, acoustic worship (with an assist from my dear friend Ashley Martinez), and wonderful breakout sessions featuring all our lovely Women’s Council members. Our breakouts were both of a Spiritual and Practical nature, offering sessions on everything from Allowing God to Use Your Story to De-stressing Your Life. I taught a class on my newest love affair: My Instant Pot.
Have you tried one of these things? They’re AMAZING. The toughest cut of meat is no match for this bad boy. Amazingly tender beef stew? 40 minutes. The smoothest cheesecake ever? 40 minutes. Chicken Noodle Soup from Frozen Chicken Breasts? 20 minutes.
Yeah. 20 minutes.
We served this amazing, hearty, Comfort Food Favorite as part of our yummy lunch spread of Make Your Own Salad, Jennifer’s AMAZING Tomato Soup, and Instant Pot New York Style Cheesecake (yeah. Cheesecake.) Want the recipe? Here you go!
FROZEN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
2 medium carrots cut into large pieces
1 onion – diced
2 stalks of celery cut into large pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter (melted)
36 oz of chicken stock or broth (stock gives a more robust flavor)
2 frozen chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon each, Thyme, Oregano, and Dill
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 oz wide egg noodles
- With IP on “Saute” function, saute onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil or butter until soft.
- Add chicken stock, herbs, chicken, salt and pepper and egg noodles.
- Cancel “Saute” function, and restart on “Soup” function for 8 minutes.
- When the timer ends, immediately release pressure (Quick Release).
- Shred chicken in the soup, serve with crusty bread, and try not to lick the bowl.
If you make this, take a photo and use the hashtag #IPFrozenChickenSoup